Fintechs have taken advantage of the trend of investment data democratization by creating applications that extract and organize investment related information. Robo advisors can assess risk appetite and construct bespoke portfolio to meet specific goals
Portfolio management used to be the domain of the select few institutions who had enhanced access to information and the best research available to make investment decisions. The advent of multiple financial data sources and the proliferation of news feeds from non-traditional areas like social media has made it impossible to be able to assimilate and analyse all the information manually.
In addition, the level of available information has made it possible for people to be more informed and the rise of robo-advisors has made it even easier for DIY portfolio management at an individual level. Institutions, however, still have the fundamental advantages of scale. The fintech space has lagged behind somewhat in that there are relatively fewer innovations but these are growing slowly.
The broad areas where we are seeing fintechs in the field of portfolio management are:
- Comparison – evaluating similar offerings
- Stock analysis – analysis of trends and information
- Tech support – tools for efficient administration
- Other – innovative offerings for asset management
- Behavioural auditing solution that continuously monitors and analyses audit trails and transactions for fraud
- Algorithmic detection of credit card fraud for online transactions
- Real time fraud prevention through machine learning models analysing big data
- Early warning credit card data breach and fraud reduction solution by focusing on merchants big data
- Early Warning System for Detection of Credit Fraud
- Allows consumers to control which cards can be used for transactions- to combat fraud
- Card management app that reduces fraud and enhances customer control to set budgets and lock limits
- Contact Terence Singh for specifics about any of the solutions mentioned above
- Challenges and Scans – get a 10% discount when you use the code “TrendReports” (http://campaigns.matchi.biz/discount/)
- Follow Matchi on Twitter and LinkedIn
More on Matchi: Matchi is a global fintech innovation match-making firm, since 2013. Matchi has worked with over 100 leading banks and insurance companies (FIs) around the world, and has a database of over 2,500 fintech firms. Matchi provides both a highly curated portal of fintech solutions, as well as bespoke projects for FI clients to source targeted fintech solutions aimed at the FIs focus areas / pain points. The global Matchi team has run Innovation Challenges and Market Scans for multiple FIs around the world, in markets as diverse as Canada, Japan and India, as well as searches in other geographies.