KPMG launches FinTech Innovation Challenge with Matchi
Win your chance to demo to multiple financial institutions in London on 11 February 2016
Run by Matchi, the KPMG Fintech Innovation Challenge opens on 15 December 2015 and closes on 7 January 2016 (midnight GMT). The challenge aims to source six groundbreaking FinTech innovations to match with multiple financial institutions at the FinTech Innovation Summit, hosted by KPMG in London from 10-11 February 2016. This is the second annual summit arranged by Matchi to promote collaboration and innovation between both FinTech firms and financial institutions.
Confirmed summit participants include Caixa Bank (Spain), Bank Hapoalim (Israel), Rabobank (Holland), Nationwide (UK), Westpac (Australia) and Liberty Group (South Africa). Key focus areas across the invited financial institutions were collated into six FinTech themes which form the entry categories for the challenge.
FinTech firms and innovators from around the world with built solutions in any of the categories/ themes below are invited to enter the challenge, to compete for an opportunity to demo to all participating banks and insurance companies at the summit. This is a great opportunity to showcase your FinTech innovation to the right people from multiple banks at the same time.
- Tools that enable merchants and customers to make payments in new ways
- Applications of blockchain to a variety of FI problems - distributed ledger, cross-border payments, etc.
- Tools that enable access to financial services over mobile devices
- Tools to enable analysis of large data sets, often unstructured
- Solutions that enable the provision of wealth management / investment services in new ways (e.g. robo advice)
- IT security solutions against cyber-attacks as well as biometric access solutions
All entries will be validated and individually scored against set criteria, including: Novelty/ Innovativeness, Ease of Implementation, Potential Impact (revenue, cost or efficiency) and Overall Impression. The highest ranking innovations in each of the six themes will be judged by a panel including Matchi and KPMG teams, and from these one winner will be chosen in each category/ theme. The winning entries will be invited to London to demo their solution to FinTech Innovation Summit banks and insurance companies on 11 February 2016. Winners will be announced on 21 January 2016.