Share trading has moved beyond the discount brokerage model or the paid research model. Clients now have access to far greater information and a greater say in managing their own money. There are a great deal of online educational tools on financial literacy which are increasing the number of participants in online share trading.
The democratisation of share ownership has also led to greater transparency in fees as well as availability of research. Several innovations have been developed around making it easier to access information beyond share prices and financial information. Ironically, the increase in information available has led to an increasing inability to process it – hence the development of tools like sentiment analysis drawn from data sources, including that from social media platforms
Trading tools used to be the domain only of deal room desks but the rise of day traders has been fuelled in part by both the availability of information as well as enhanced trading tools. It is now possible to easily access algorithmic based trading strategies as well as simple systems to test trading strategies.
Trading systems are now more freely available from a multitude of providers, not just the traditional investment banks and brokers.
Availability of research
- Extract stock related conversations from social media and rates financial bloggers
- Early discovery of trending news that provides a time advantage for investment decisions.
- Algorithmic trading strategy software to be applied to any instrument with end of day prices
- Algorithmic trading methodology using artificial intelligence to predict market prices and volatility
- Online platform to manage OTC trading of gold
- Cloud based trading platform for brokerages to white label
Trading systems with good user experience
In general, this would not usually fall under the definition of fintech even though it is an important differentiator. Several of the fintech innovators, however, are cognisant of this aspect and have engaged digital design studios to design their interface. The following platforms seem to have garnered positive reviews for their UX experiences (although we have no personal experience of it):
- Contact Terence Singh for specifics about any of the solutions mentioned above
- Challenges and Scans – get a 10% discount when you use the code “TrendReports” (http://campaigns.matchi.biz/discount/)
- Follow Matchi on Twitter and LinkedIn
More on Matchi: Matchi is a global fintech innovation match-making firm, since 2013. Matchi has worked with over 100 leading banks and insurance companies (FIs) around the world, and has a database of over 2,500 fintech firms. Matchi provides both a highly curated portal of fintech solutions, as well as bespoke projects for FI clients to source targeted fintech solutions aimed at the FIs focus areas / pain points. The global Matchi team has run Innovation Challenges and Market Scans for multiple FIs around the world, in markets as diverse as Canada, Japan and India, as well as searches in other geographies.