Fintechs have taken advantage of the trend of investment data democratization by creating applications that extract and organize investment related information. Robo advisors can assess risk appetite and construct bespoke portfolio to meet specific goals
Robo-advisers are usually self guided software or web based offerings that uses the inputs of a user’s lifestyle and demographics to determine their risk appetite, and ultimately create an appropriate portfolio of investments
These can be directed to a specific company’s suite of products or generally an educational journey which leads a user to a set of choices (for which a specific company has similar products)
Some robo-advisers are fairly simple with an outcome of asset allocation whereas others are much more specific where actual funds with specific mandates are chosen
These effectively disintermediate financial advisors while the upside is the acquisition of a larger base of investment clients that are “underbanked” from an investment point of view
Robo advisors tend to be B2C players and typically do not engage with financial institutions since they compete with financial advisors and wealth management in particular. However, some robo advisors are amenable to partnering by licencing their algorithms or white labelling their platforms.
Another class of financial empowering technology is not strictly an investment portfolio advisor but dispenses information and advice from stock market investments. This was hitherto restricted largely to wealthy clients – this democratisation of share ownership has led to a different type of advice, e.g. crowdsourced stock information, ETF comparison sites
- Online investing network to compare and construct own investment portfolios
- Robo advisor for asset allocation and investment strategy
- Algorithmic portfolio construction incorporating human forecasts
- Customisable robo advisor for trading and portfolio construction
Share based information
- Determines the total cost of ownership of similar ETFs
- Extract stock related conversations from social media and rates financial bloggers
- Early discovery of trending news that provides a time advantage for investment decisions.
- Contact Terence Singh for specifics about any of the solutions mentioned above
- Challenges and Scans – get a 10% discount when you use the code “TrendReports” (http://campaigns.matchi.biz/discount/)
- Follow Matchi on Twitter and LinkedIn
More on Matchi: Matchi is a global fintech innovation match-making firm, since 2013. Matchi has worked with over 100 leading banks and insurance companies (FIs) around the world, and has a database of over 2,500 fintech firms. Matchi provides both a highly curated portal of fintech solutions, as well as bespoke projects for FI clients to source targeted fintech solutions aimed at the FIs focus areas / pain points. The global Matchi team has run Innovation Challenges and Market Scans for multiple FIs around the world, in markets as diverse as Canada, Japan and India, as well as searches in other geographies.