by Chris Richards, Head of Marketing at Rise Global
Rise operates a global network of sites in seven of the world’s hottest FinTech ecosystems - London, Manchester, New York, Tel Aviv, Mumbai, Cape Town and Vilnius- with more in the pipeline. These sites offer co-working spaces for startups, as well as state-of-the-art events facilities.
Rise also delivers numerous programmes, such as the world-leading Barclays Accelerator powered by Techstars through which Chris and the team have worked with over 70 of the most promising FinTech teams from around the world. We caught up with Chris to pick his brain on marketing tips for startups and here are his Top 5:
1. Have a clearly defined marketing strategy from day one, don’t run ahead and then have to back track. This can kill your productivity and potentially your start up. You can have the best product/platform/idea in the world, but if the wrong people are listening then who cares?
2. Ensure you engage daily with all your market influencers through the usual social media channels. Thought leaders seen connecting with you and talking about your idea can drastically improve your reach and audience engagement/customer base.
3. Ensure marketing KPI’s are monitored and reviewed at least Quarterly to reflect the areas that are and more importantly aren’t working for you.
4. Don’t be scared to take a leap of faith and test those wacky ideas or odd channels - “sometimes” they pay off! Think talking MeerKats and singing Opera men! No idea is foolish if it engages your audience. Snapchat, Periscope and Facebook Live are just three fantastic new ways to start connecting with Millennials about your brand!
5. Get involved with networks like Rise and Matchi!
Follow Chris @finteched for more marketing startup tips and updates on all things Rise!