KPMG Global Report: The Pulse of Fintech 2018
Given the significant interest in fintech globally, and its ongoing evolution in terms of market drivers, technologies and potential use-cases, KPMG brings you the pulse of fintech investment globally. In this publication, we highlight key fintech deals, issues and challenges seen around the world, in addition to key trends and insights related to fintech in key regions, including the Americas, the US, Asia and Europe.
Overall investment in fintech globally at mid-year surpasses 2017 results
In the first six months of 2018, global investment in fintech was exceptional, driven in part by two massive deals – the $12.9 billion acquisition of WorldPay by Vantiv and the $14 billion venture capital (VC) funding round raised by Ant Financial. Funding to date has already exceeded the total amount of fintech funding seen in 2017 and is well on pace to exceed 2015’s peak.
In addition to discussing these and other trends, we examine a number of questions that are driving interest in the fintech market today, including:
- How is the fintech market maturing and diversifying?
- Why is Asia becoming a standout region in terms of fintech investment?
- What is driving the increasing focus on regtech?
- How is open banking propelling fintech activity globally?
- What trends should you watch for in the second half of 2018?