It’s time to step forward for the 2018 Fintech100
Nominations are open until 3 August for inclusion in the annual list of the world’s leading fintechs
Nominations are now open for the 2018 KPMG & H2 Ventures Fintech100, which recognizes leading fintech innovators from around the globe. The 2018 Fintech100 will be announced in October 2018.
Visit fintechinnovators.com by Friday, 3 August 2018 and nominate your company, or any fintech you think should be considered for the Fintech100
The Fintech100, available at http://fintechinnovators.com, is compiled by fintech investment firm, H2 Ventures in collaboration with KPMG’s Global Fintech practice and includes both the leading 50 established fintechs, and the most intriguing 50 "emerging stars.”Read More: It’s time to step forward for the 2018 Fintech100
KPMG launches Mobility 2030 Innovation Challenge
Great opportunity for emerging tech companies that are actively changing the future of mobility ecosystem
KPMG’s Mobility2030 proposition believes the way people and goods move in the future will change due to the confluence of Electric, Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, and Mobility-as-a-Service. We are looking to find companies and propositions from around the world that are innovating either through technology, creative business models or clever commercial models.
Therefore, powered by Matchi; KPMG has launched the Mobility 2030 Innovation Challenge that aims to identify and empower emerging tech companies that are actively changing the future of mobility ecosystem.Read More: KPMG launches Mobility 2030 Innovation Challenge
The 2018 Global Fintech Hackcelerator is open!
Enter this year's hackcelerator to show your stuff and super-charge your growth
Fintech start-ups can now apply for this year’s Global Fintech Hackcelerator program, powered by KPMG in Singapore’s Digital Village and Matchi. Finals of the program will be held at the Singapore Fintech Festival taking place from 12–16 November 2018.
Visit here to apply for the 2018 Global Fintech Hackcelerator – deadline for applications is 15 June 2018.
Start-ups from all over the world entering the Global Fintech Hackcelerator will demonstrate how they can innovate to address critical fintech challenges in areas including financial inclusion, insurtech and reg tech/sup tech.
Let’s talk about the F-Word in Fintech
Written by Sashreka Pillay
Nope. It’s not our four letter peak-traffic companion. (Although in some circles it does seem like as much of a swear word.)
To get there, let’s try something different. Imagine I’m standing in front of a white board signalling “one word, seven letters”. Then, in your mind’s eye see me enact the funniest moment of slapstick comedy you could ever think of; reminding you of your guiltiest pleasure YouTube “fail”video. You then scream out in triumph: “The word is Failure”!
Yes, that exercise was touch and go for me too. No, I haven’t been invited to many games of charades but now you know what I’m talking about. So it still worked. Yay.
Why even talk about failure in fintech? Because the industry is growing up. Use-cases are being tested and so is a firms’ stamina. We may be too polite to admit it but in most fintech spheres competition is growing. And as with any industry on its way to maturity, it can mean more than a few casualties.Read More: Let’s talk about the F-Word in Fintech
Large Singapore bank launches Innovation Challenge
Calling the world’s best fintechs to solve real business problems
One of the largest and most established Singapore banks has launched the TOV Innovation Challenge 2018 that aims to reimagine customer experience through co-innovation with fintech firms.
Shortlisted fintechs will be invited to join a 12-week programme where they will further develop their implementable solutions to address the challenges put forth by eight different business units in the bank. This is a collaborative programme where both fintechs and the respective business units will have to work closely together to co-develop and test the solutions.
The TOV Innovation Challenge 2018 is open to any organisation that has developed and built a solution that aligns to one of the pre-defined opportunity statements:
Mismatched furniture? Hipster. A mismatched experience across channels? Not so cool.
Written by guest blogger, Ruhan Basson
"You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the technology, not the other way around.” ~Steve Jobs
In today’s world of omni-channel banking, over 90% of customers are dissatisfied with traditional methods of authentication (1). Some of the more common grumbles include:
- The time taken to authenticate
- Complex password and PIN requirements that are hard to remember
- Challenging questions that are intrusive and, in some cultures, offensive
- Authentication tokens that are inconvenient to carry around
Traditional frameworks and security approaches to mapping the customer journey are becoming obsolete. In today’s interconnected world, why would customers want to continuously authenticate themselves? They want synchronisation access across including branches, desktops, call centres and mobile phones. They want to choose between numerous channels, and move freely and seamlessly between them. Customer expectations are changing, and as such, the way that security supports the customer journey needs to adapt too.Read More: Mismatched furniture? Hipster. A mismatched experience across channels? Not so cool.
Is Fintech really all about millennials?
Written by Matchi Fintech Lead, Sashreka Pillay
Have you ever seen the Facebook page “Millenials of New York”? I’ve had one visit and that was enough for me. It was around the time Prince passed away. They featured a stock-photo perfect face; the kind you find in all adverts targeting youths with messages of freedom and happiness etc. The caption below flaunted something like: “Prince is dead? The queen must be so sad!”
Yup. It didn’t matter that the page had more than 200 000 likes, I was out. So much so that I’ve spent many hours rejecting any definition of the millennial generation including my birth year.
More frightful for me: Are we really trying to design the future of finance based on what we bucket as the characteristics of this generation? It feels like our vision of the future should be set a little further and based more on what we imagine the future expectations of our customers to be.Read More: Is Fintech really all about millennials?
KPMG Pulse of Fintech, Q4 2017
Global report on on fintech investment trends
Given the significant interest in fintech globally, and its ongoing evolution in terms of market drivers, technologies and potential use-cases, KPMG brings you the pulse of fintech investment globally. In this publication, we highlight key fintech deals, issues and challenges seen around the world, in addition to key trends and insights related to fintech in key regions, including the Americas, the US, Asia and Europe.
Despite a third straight quarter of decline in total global fintech deal volume, total investment rose slightly in Q4’17. A number of large deals helped to buoy investment levels, including the buyout of Bankrate and the acquisitions of BluePay and Trayport. The fintech market as a whole continued to mature during 2017, with global investors no longer just getting their feet wet within the fintech market, but making more targeted investments focused on value and long-term sustainability. Despite the narrowing focus on the part of investors, total global investment in fintech remained steady at over $31 billion, year-over-year.Read More: KPMG Pulse of Fintech, Q4 2017
Activating Fintech in Twenty Great-Teen!
Written by Sashreka Pillay
I have to admit: I am much older than I’d like to give myself credit for. This was made strikingly clear to me when, on my first day back at work after a restful festive reprieve, the term “Twenty GREAT-Teen” wafted out of the radio and caught my attention. It had to be repeated twice before I got it right– and that’s not just because of my failing hearing.
The term sounds almost desperately positive but got my mind stewing over what, exactly, would make 2018 “Twenty GREAT-Teen”. Don’t worry I’m not launching into a list of my top ten goals/trends. I’m quite to the collar with those and trust you are too. I would rather throw out a challenge:
Could we find ways to accelerate the actual implementation and roll out of fintech solutions to the end customers this year? I ask this not without recognising the already incredible strides we’ve achieved in fintech as an industry.Read More: Activating Fintech in Twenty Great-Teen!
Webinar: 2018 Digital Insurance Predictions
If you missed it, you can watch the recorded webinar here
Listen to Matchi CEO, David Milligan and other top industry Thought Leaders during this 90 minute special edition webinar on 2018 Digital Insurance predictions including the hottest trends, themes and companies to watch!
Recorded in January 2018, the panel discussion between The Digital Insurer’s and KPMG’s top Thought Leaders in the space delivered plenty of debate, diverse views from a global panel and answered many questions from the live audience.
View the recording to take a deep dive into four key topics including Digital Business Models; Value Chain Innovations; Tech Enablers & People and Organizational Design.
Read More: Webinar: 2018 Digital Insurance Predictions
More Articles ...
1. H2 Ventures KPMG Fintech 100H2 Ventures KPMG Fintech 100
2. 4 Key Themes Emerge during Fintech Rising Africa4 Key Themes Emerge during Fintech Rising Africa
3. Matchi CEO speaks at KPMG Digital Summit Matchi CEO speaks at KPMG Digital Summit
4. Possible approaches to Fintegration within bankingPossible approaches to Fintegration within banking
5. Key Take-Aways from Sibos 2017Key Take-Aways from Sibos 2017
6. KPMG Pulse of Fintech, Q3 2017KPMG Pulse of Fintech, Q3 2017
7. FRS Labs and Silent Eight win Fintech Abu Dhabi Global Innovation ChallengeFRS Labs and Silent Eight win Fintech Abu Dhabi Global Innovation Challenge
8. Forging the Future: KPMG global fintech reportForging the Future: KPMG global fintech report
9. Game-changing solutions to be showcased at FinTech Abu Dhabi Game-changing solutions to be showcased at FinTech Abu Dhabi
10. MAS Announces Finalists for the Global FinTech Hackcelerator MAS Announces Finalists for the Global FinTech Hackcelerator
11. Qumram, Microblink and Beagle.ai Demo Live at CRO Roundtable, SydneyQumram, Microblink and Beagle.ai Demo Live at CRO Roundtable, Sydney
12. ADGM and KPMG launch FinTech Abu Dhabi Innovation ChallengeADGM and KPMG launch FinTech Abu Dhabi Innovation Challenge
13. Trust as a Fintech CommodityTrust as a Fintech Commodity
14. Pitch Your Solution to 40 Chief Risk Officers from Leading Australian BanksPitch Your Solution to 40 Chief Risk Officers from Leading Australian Banks
15. Crowdfund your Fintech: The Art of AskingCrowdfund your Fintech: The Art of Asking
16. Winner Announcement: BankTech Asia Fin5ive Challenge 2017Winner Announcement: BankTech Asia Fin5ive Challenge 2017
17. Winner Announcement: Customer Onboarding Global Innovation Challenge by ATB FinancialWinner Announcement: Customer Onboarding Global Innovation Challenge by ATB Financial
18. Meet Matchi CEO - David Milligan at Money 2020 EuropeMeet Matchi CEO - David Milligan at Money 2020 Europe
19. Shortlist Announcement: Customer Onboarding Global Innovation Challenge by ATB Financial Shortlist Announcement: Customer Onboarding Global Innovation Challenge by ATB Financial
20. Fintech is turning banking into a fine artFintech is turning banking into a fine art
21. Global Fintech Hackcelerator 2017 is open for entryGlobal Fintech Hackcelerator 2017 is open for entry
22. BankTech Asia Launches Global Fintech ChallengeBankTech Asia Launches Global Fintech Challenge
23. KPMG Fintech is the new home for MatchiKPMG Fintech is the new home for Matchi
24. Collaborating with a Tech Firm? Consider this.Collaborating with a Tech Firm? Consider this.
25. Matchi attends BankTech Asia event in Sri LankaMatchi attends BankTech Asia event in Sri Lanka
26. Bankchain: Explore, Build and Implement Blockchain SolutionsBankchain: Explore, Build and Implement Blockchain Solutions
27. Meftech 2017: Manufacturing Financial ServicesMeftech 2017: Manufacturing Financial Services
28. ATB Financial launches Customer Onboarding Innovation ChallengeATB Financial launches Customer Onboarding Innovation Challenge
29. Matchi heading to BankTech Asia in Sri Lanka, 21-22 March 2017Matchi heading to BankTech Asia in Sri Lanka, 21-22 March 2017
30. Top 4 Focus: KPMG East Africa’s 2nd Annual Insurance ConferenceTop 4 Focus: KPMG East Africa’s 2nd Annual Insurance Conference
31. 10 Firms to Watch: Meftech 2017 Fintech Pavilion10 Firms to Watch: Meftech 2017 Fintech Pavilion
32. Exhibiting at a fintech conference? We can help you thrive.Exhibiting at a fintech conference? We can help you thrive.
33. Matchi to speak at 2nd Annual KPMG Insurance Conference in KenyaMatchi to speak at 2nd Annual KPMG Insurance Conference in Kenya
34. Matchi partners with prestigious fintech event in Abu Dhabi Matchi partners with prestigious fintech event in Abu Dhabi
35. Matchi collaborates with Seamless Africa to deliver fintech edgeMatchi collaborates with Seamless Africa to deliver fintech edge
36. Free Matchi Webinar - Join our Live Lunch with KPMG InsuranceFree Matchi Webinar - Join our Live Lunch with KPMG Insurance
37. Matchi speaks at the 7th Annual Insurance Technology Summit in MumbaiMatchi speaks at the 7th Annual Insurance Technology Summit in Mumbai
38. Three solutions win Proof-of-Concept projects within Mahindra FinanceThree solutions win Proof-of-Concept projects within Mahindra Finance
39. Master Discussion: Fintech Proof of Concept ImplementationMaster Discussion: Fintech Proof of Concept Implementation
40. BankTech Asia Fin5ive winners demo live in Kuala LumpurBankTech Asia Fin5ive winners demo live in Kuala Lumpur
41. BankTech Asia Fin5ive Challenge Winners AnnouncementBankTech Asia Fin5ive Challenge Winners Announcement
42. Mahindra Finance Launches Global Fintech ChallengeMahindra Finance Launches Global Fintech Challenge
43. Canadian Institute Fintech Challenge - Winners AnnouncementCanadian Institute Fintech Challenge - Winners Announcement
44. Opportunity to exhibit and demo at KPMG Nigeria Fintech Summit 2016Opportunity to exhibit and demo at KPMG Nigeria Fintech Summit 2016
45. Canadian Institute launches Global Fintech Challenge with MatchiCanadian Institute launches Global Fintech Challenge with Matchi
46. BankTech Asia Launches Global Fintech Challenge BankTech Asia Launches Global Fintech Challenge
47. Liberty Fintech Challenge 2016: Winners AnnouncementLiberty Fintech Challenge 2016: Winners Announcement
48. 5 Marketing Tips for Fintech Startups5 Marketing Tips for Fintech Startups
49. Matchi Mid-Year Review 2016 - InfographicMatchi Mid-Year Review 2016 - Infographic
50. Fintech in East Africa - Pioneering a different roadFintech in East Africa - Pioneering a different road
51. Proof-of-Concept projects that workProof-of-Concept projects that work
52. Top 5 things keeping Matchi FI Members awake at nightTop 5 things keeping Matchi FI Members awake at night
53. Matchi CEO to speak at Money Expo, 8-9 July 2016Matchi CEO to speak at Money Expo, 8-9 July 2016
54. Logical Glue Wins SME FinTech Challenge 2016Logical Glue Wins SME FinTech Challenge 2016
55. Matchi Co-Presents 'FinTech In India' ReportMatchi Co-Presents 'FinTech In India' Report
56. Liberty Launches Global FinTech Challenge with MatchiLiberty Launches Global FinTech Challenge with Matchi
57. Matchi Joins FinTech Market Leaders at MEFTECH 2016 Matchi Joins FinTech Market Leaders at MEFTECH 2016
58. Matchi partners with Dot Finance Africa, 4-5 May, NairobiMatchi partners with Dot Finance Africa, 4-5 May, Nairobi
59. Matchi to present at InPayCo, TorontoMatchi to present at InPayCo, Toronto
60. iProov wins the FinTech Innovation Challenge by SonyiProov wins the FinTech Innovation Challenge by Sony
61. Matchi Partners with MEFTECH 2016Matchi Partners with MEFTECH 2016
62. Announcement Top 6 Entries: Fintech Innovation Challenge by SonyAnnouncement Top 6 Entries: Fintech Innovation Challenge by Sony
63. Mystery Bank launches SME Fintech Innovation Challenge with MatchiMystery Bank launches SME Fintech Innovation Challenge with Matchi
64. KPMG hosts the 2nd Annual Matchi Innovation Summit in LondonKPMG hosts the 2nd Annual Matchi Innovation Summit in London
65. Matchi and KPMG to present at Retail Banking Innovation ConferenceMatchi and KPMG to present at Retail Banking Innovation Conference
66. Join us at the Future of Digital Banking - Asia PacificJoin us at the Future of Digital Banking - Asia Pacific
67. KPMG FinTech Innovation Challenge WinnersKPMG FinTech Innovation Challenge Winners
68. 索尼的FinTech Innovation Challenge索尼的FinTech Innovation Challenge
69. The FinTech Innovation Challenge by SonyThe FinTech Innovation Challenge by Sony
70. The FinTech Innovation Challenge by SonyThe FinTech Innovation Challenge by Sony
71. KPMG launches FinTech Innovation Challenge with MatchiKPMG launches FinTech Innovation Challenge with Matchi
72. African Fintech Showcase at Standard Bank InnoWeek 2015African Fintech Showcase at Standard Bank InnoWeek 2015
73. Should Banks Use Matchi To Strike Up New Relationships?Should Banks Use Matchi To Strike Up New Relationships?
74. Future of Fintech - The Art of CollaborationFuture of Fintech - The Art of Collaboration
75. Liberty confirms 2 POC Projects with Matchi Innovator MembersLiberty confirms 2 POC Projects with Matchi Innovator Members
76. Matchi Fintech ChallengesMatchi Fintech Challenges
77. African Fintech Innovation Challenge 2015African Fintech Innovation Challenge 2015
78. Liberty InsuranceTech Innovation Challenge 2015Liberty InsuranceTech Innovation Challenge 2015
79. Matchi featured in the Australian Financial ReviewMatchi featured in the Australian Financial Review
80. Matchi - Financial Times features Matchi, 30 August 2015Matchi - Financial Times features Matchi, 30 August 2015
81. KPMG Forms Exclusive Alliance with MatchiKPMG Forms Exclusive Alliance with Matchi
82. Matchi sponsors Global Summit for Insurance InnovationMatchi sponsors Global Summit for Insurance Innovation
83. Matchi Launches New Insurance CategoryMatchi Launches New Insurance Category
84. 3 Innovator Members awarded POC Projects3 Innovator Members awarded POC Projects
85. Barclays Africa Business Banking Challenge - FinalistsBarclays Africa Business Banking Challenge - Finalists
86. Matchi joins Sponsors of Citi Mobile Challenge 2015Matchi joins Sponsors of Citi Mobile Challenge 2015
87. Matchi joins the Forefront of Fintech at Rakuten Financial Conference, JapanMatchi joins the Forefront of Fintech at Rakuten Financial Conference, Japan
88. Barclays Africa Business Banking ChallengeBarclays Africa Business Banking Challenge
89. Top 5 Tips to make your Matchi Innovation stand outTop 5 Tips to make your Matchi Innovation stand out
90. Matchi Innovation Sponsor Summit 2014Matchi Innovation Sponsor Summit 2014
91. Standard Bank FinTech Innovation Showcase with Matchi.bizStandard Bank FinTech Innovation Showcase with Matchi.biz
92. Fintech Startup Winners will Emerge in 2015Fintech Startup Winners will Emerge in 2015
93. A Chat With Paul Steenkamp Of Standard BankA Chat With Paul Steenkamp Of Standard Bank
94. Your bank doesn’t suck – The 2014 Matchi Global Fintech Innovation ChallengeYour bank doesn’t suck – The 2014 Matchi Global Fintech Innovation Challenge
95. FinovateFall 2014 Conference VideoFinovateFall 2014 Conference Video
96. Matchi Global Fintech Innovation Challenge WinnersMatchi Global Fintech Innovation Challenge Winners
97. Matchi Global Fintech Innovation Challenge 2014 - TOP 20Matchi Global Fintech Innovation Challenge 2014 - TOP 20
98. You’re invited to register for the Citi Mobile Challenge 2014!You’re invited to register for the Citi Mobile Challenge 2014!
99. Matchi presents at New Finance, San FranciscoMatchi presents at New Finance, San Francisco
100. George Osborne launches Innovate Finance trade body at Canary WharfGeorge Osborne launches Innovate Finance trade body at Canary Wharf
101. New Matchi Sponsor - Bank HapoalimNew Matchi Sponsor - Bank Hapoalim
102. London FinTech Podcast - Interview with our Warren Bond London FinTech Podcast - Interview with our Warren Bond
103. Santander launches $100m fintech venture fundSantander launches $100m fintech venture fund
104. Standard Bank joins Exclusive Matchi Sponsor CommunityStandard Bank joins Exclusive Matchi Sponsor Community
105. Join a new project on the disruptive shifts in financial servicesJoin a new project on the disruptive shifts in financial services
106. Fin-tech matchmaking leading to new loveFin-tech matchmaking leading to new love
107. Gmaven had a successful innovation match-makeGmaven had a successful innovation match-make
108. London becomes Europe's Fintech CapitalLondon becomes Europe's Fintech Capital
109. Stordoc – Banking on a New Innovation Matchmaking PlatformStordoc – Banking on a New Innovation Matchmaking Platform
110. Matchi at Finovate Europe 2014Matchi at Finovate Europe 2014
111. Matchi announces exclusive sponsorship deal with CaixaBank at FinovateEurope 2014Matchi announces exclusive sponsorship deal with CaixaBank at FinovateEurope 2014
112. Matchi launches Innovation Matchmaking PlatformMatchi launches Innovation Matchmaking Platform