Insights from Polish Open Banking Day
Attending Matchi technology member firms share their perspectives on the recently held Polish Open Banking Day
Read More: Insights from Polish Open Banking Day
The second Open Banking and PSD2 challenge was recently hosted by the Polish Banks Association and KPMG Poland, which culminated in the 2019 Open Banking Day on 7 March in Warsaw. The 10 finalists were invited to present their solutions to decision-makers from Polish banks and insurance companies in one-on-one sessions. We asked for feedback on the event. Here’s what they had to say.
Matchi Emerging Tech Lead, Sashreka Pillay, attended the event and had this to share: “Poland is a hive of activity with key representatives in the regions advocating the opportunities which the new PSD2 regulations can bring. The Polish Banking Association and KPMG Poland teams hosted an inviting session which paved the way for insightful discussions. Findings from their report, launched at the event, underpinned the topics of conversation by esteemed panellists and speakers. Of course it was such a pleasure having excellent Matchi member firms participate in co-ordinated meetings with interested financial institutions. Their presence did well to set the tone that emerging technology was here to help.”
EasyEquities talks fintech challenge events
How to ensure a return on the investment of time and money
E asyEquities is a South African online platform that allows anyone to buy shares in the brands and companies they love. Having had great success at fintech challenges, including the Singapore Fintech Festival, which was entered via KPMG Matchi, EasyEquities spoke to us about how to get the most value from these events.
EasyEquities has been scooping awards locally and internationally, and has also fared well at fintech challenge events. We asked CEO and founder Charles Savage to tell us about the EasyEquities experience and to share some advice for other fintechs and organisations running these types of challenges.Read More: EasyEquities talks fintech challenge events
Open banking: 10 global trends you should know about
Unlocking the value of collaboration
Open banking is a buzzword in financial services and it’s little wonder, given the rapid innovation underway and the value that this collaborative model can unlock for all parties involved.
Here are 10 top global trends driving open banking currently:Read More: Open banking: 10 global trends you should know about
10 trends in mortgages and the role emerging tech can play
Leveraging fintech solutions to address challenges and maximise opportunities
By identifying mortgage trends, financial institutions and emerging tech providers can leverage fintech solutions to help address challenges and maximise opportunities. According to KPMG Matchi Associate Director, David Milligan, 10 trends worth considering include:Read More: 10 trends in mortgages and the role emerging tech can play
Why South Africa needs to prioritise Mobility developments
Mobility is a hot topic right now.With the advent of electric vehicles (EVs) and autonomous vehicles (AVs), the way people and goods get from A to B is changing at an alarming rate. Many of these changes will be good – cleaner transport, improved safety and more productive systems. But South Africa risks missing out on these benefits – and, indeed, even being negatively affected by Mobility developments – if it doesn’t respond now to plan for this global trend. KPMG South Africa’s Mobility 2030 team has been looking into what needs to happen in this space.
Read More: Why South Africa needs to prioritise Mobility developments
What changing cybercrime means for internal auditors
Cybercrime is becoming more sophisticated, organised and dangerous.
Firms need to think about attacks in terms of ‘when, not if’. Risk and Audit are in the front line when it comes to preventing data assets from becoming data liabilities. Firm-wide threats call for firm-wide awareness – and responses.
Cybercrime is big business – it costs the world as much as $600 billion a year, or 0.8% of global GDP.Read More: What changing cybercrime means for internal auditors
Building a roadmap for your organisation’s cyber security
Don't get left behind
Cyber security is a recent phenomenon. As the world has become more and more digital, so too have its threats. Organisations, particular in the financial services industry, cannot afford to be behind the curve when it comes to developing a cyber security strategy.
The financial sector is a natural target for cyber criminals, and KPMG and Matchi are putting our capabilities to use to assist clients in addressing their cyber security needs.
For example, when a global insurance group needed to ensure it had a robust cyber security strategy to accompany its ongoing major IT and digital transformation projects, KPMG UK was on hand to help.Read More: Building a roadmap for your organisation’s cyber security
Exploring the future of Mobility at MOVE 2019
An interview with Dex Machida, Mobility 2030 Team Leader at KPMG in South Africa
T he inaugural MOVE conference was held in London in February 2019. Dex Machida was in attendance and shares his thoughts on the event and on where mobility is headed.
MOVE aims to re-imagine mobility, bringing together thought leaders, disruptors and their technology solutions to dialogue with stakeholders across the Mobility Ecosystem across all modes and disciplines to promote collaboration. The premise behind the event is that new thinking and new action is required now because existing transportation paradigms are broken beyond repair and are often the cause of the problem, not the solution.
Lending to non-profits in the USA: the good, the bad and the sublime
This article was written by Michael Darnaud, and is based on his direct market research and personal observations, having reached out to over 500 non-profits at Executive Director or CFO level. Michael argues that non-profits (in the USA, specifically) are subject to various misconceptions around their finances and funding. In this piece, he sets out to bust some of these myths.
Non-profit organisations represent over 5% of the US economy and yet most people have several misconceptions about them. In your own experience, you’ve probably heard things like “it’s harder to work with non-profits than with for-profit businesses”, “they don’t operate efficiently” or “they represent a very small portion of the economy”. The reality is quite different.
Express your interest to work with KPMG in the UK's Securetech team
Radically expand your reach. Work with KPMG in the UK to help solve complex client problems in digital security.
KPMG in the UK is actively looking to work with innovative companies that have leading products and solutions in the Securetech space to address some of the most complex issues facing their clients.
Securetech reflects today’s digital environment where security is no longer a separate process but is an integral part of all digital activities. More than just cyber-security, Securetech encompasses all solutions that protect data, knowledge, people and brands. Solutions that integrate, co-ordinate and make security more useable or accessible are as welcome as those that move forward the technical boundaries of security.
More Articles ...
1. Polish Banking Challenge winners announcedPolish Banking Challenge winners announced
2. Impressions of the Canadian fintech and emerging technology environmentImpressions of the Canadian fintech and emerging technology environment
3. Industry news: regtech rising rapidlyIndustry news: regtech rising rapidly
4. KPMG Germany’s fintech regulatory readiness self-assessment toolKPMG Germany’s fintech regulatory readiness self-assessment tool
5. Understanding the role KPMG Deal Advisory can play in securing fundingUnderstanding the role KPMG Deal Advisory can play in securing funding
6. Blockchain and KYCBlockchain and KYC
7. Poland Open Banking Day Innovation ChallengePoland Open Banking Day Innovation Challenge
8. KPMG Mobility SeriesKPMG Mobility Series
9. KPMG Matchi 2018 highlightsKPMG Matchi 2018 highlights
10. Smart Start Awards 2018Smart Start Awards 2018
11. MAS Hackcelerator at Global Fintech FestivalMAS Hackcelerator at Global Fintech Festival
12. Abu Dhabi Innovation ChallengeAbu Dhabi Innovation Challenge
13. How tech firms can present themselves more effectively to FIsHow tech firms can present themselves more effectively to FIs
14. Experiences of Frankfurt from an emerging technology business’s perspectiveExperiences of Frankfurt from an emerging technology business’s perspective
15. Exploring Japan’s Fintech SectorExploring Japan’s Fintech Sector
16. Meet the 2018 Smart Start Award finalistsMeet the 2018 Smart Start Award finalists
17. Impressions of SIBOS Sydney 2018Impressions of SIBOS Sydney 2018
18. Don’t forget to register for Digital Insurer’s Global LiveFest 2018Don’t forget to register for Digital Insurer’s Global LiveFest 2018
20. The Fintech100 – announcing the world’s leading fintech innovators for 2018The Fintech100 – announcing the world’s leading fintech innovators for 2018
21. Calling all FinTech and InsurTech start-ups!Calling all FinTech and InsurTech start-ups!
22. The Fintech Abu Dhabi Innovation Challenge 2018 is openThe Fintech Abu Dhabi Innovation Challenge 2018 is open
23. It’s time to step forward for the 2018 Fintech100It’s time to step forward for the 2018 Fintech100
24. KPMG launches Mobility 2030 Innovation ChallengeKPMG launches Mobility 2030 Innovation Challenge
25. The 2018 Global Fintech Hackcelerator is open!The 2018 Global Fintech Hackcelerator is open!
26. Let’s talk about the F-Word in FintechLet’s talk about the F-Word in Fintech
27. Large Singapore bank launches Innovation Challenge Large Singapore bank launches Innovation Challenge
28. Mismatched furniture? Hipster. A mismatched experience across channels? Not so cool.Mismatched furniture? Hipster. A mismatched experience across channels? Not so cool.
29. Is Fintech really all about millennials?Is Fintech really all about millennials?
30. KPMG Pulse of Fintech, Q4 2017KPMG Pulse of Fintech, Q4 2017
31. Activating Fintech in Twenty Great-Teen! Activating Fintech in Twenty Great-Teen!
32. Webinar: 2018 Digital Insurance PredictionsWebinar: 2018 Digital Insurance Predictions
33. H2 Ventures KPMG Fintech 100H2 Ventures KPMG Fintech 100
34. 4 Key Themes Emerge during Fintech Rising Africa4 Key Themes Emerge during Fintech Rising Africa
35. Matchi CEO speaks at KPMG Digital Summit Matchi CEO speaks at KPMG Digital Summit
36. Possible approaches to Fintegration within bankingPossible approaches to Fintegration within banking
37. Key Take-Aways from Sibos 2017Key Take-Aways from Sibos 2017
38. KPMG Pulse of Fintech, Q3 2017KPMG Pulse of Fintech, Q3 2017
39. FRS Labs and Silent Eight win Fintech Abu Dhabi Global Innovation ChallengeFRS Labs and Silent Eight win Fintech Abu Dhabi Global Innovation Challenge
40. Forging the Future: KPMG global fintech reportForging the Future: KPMG global fintech report
41. Game-changing solutions to be showcased at FinTech Abu Dhabi Game-changing solutions to be showcased at FinTech Abu Dhabi
42. MAS Announces Finalists for the Global FinTech Hackcelerator MAS Announces Finalists for the Global FinTech Hackcelerator
43. Qumram, Microblink and Beagle.ai Demo Live at CRO Roundtable, SydneyQumram, Microblink and Beagle.ai Demo Live at CRO Roundtable, Sydney
44. ADGM and KPMG launch FinTech Abu Dhabi Innovation ChallengeADGM and KPMG launch FinTech Abu Dhabi Innovation Challenge
45. Trust as a Fintech CommodityTrust as a Fintech Commodity
46. Pitch Your Solution to 40 Chief Risk Officers from Leading Australian BanksPitch Your Solution to 40 Chief Risk Officers from Leading Australian Banks
47. Crowdfund your Fintech: The Art of AskingCrowdfund your Fintech: The Art of Asking
48. Winner Announcement: BankTech Asia Fin5ive Challenge 2017Winner Announcement: BankTech Asia Fin5ive Challenge 2017
49. Winner Announcement: Customer Onboarding Global Innovation Challenge by ATB FinancialWinner Announcement: Customer Onboarding Global Innovation Challenge by ATB Financial
50. Meet Matchi CEO - David Milligan at Money 2020 EuropeMeet Matchi CEO - David Milligan at Money 2020 Europe
51. Shortlist Announcement: Customer Onboarding Global Innovation Challenge by ATB Financial Shortlist Announcement: Customer Onboarding Global Innovation Challenge by ATB Financial
52. Fintech is turning banking into a fine artFintech is turning banking into a fine art
53. Global Fintech Hackcelerator 2017 is open for entryGlobal Fintech Hackcelerator 2017 is open for entry
54. BankTech Asia Launches Global Fintech ChallengeBankTech Asia Launches Global Fintech Challenge
55. KPMG Fintech is the new home for MatchiKPMG Fintech is the new home for Matchi
56. Collaborating with a Tech Firm? Consider this.Collaborating with a Tech Firm? Consider this.
57. Matchi attends BankTech Asia event in Sri LankaMatchi attends BankTech Asia event in Sri Lanka
58. Bankchain: Explore, Build and Implement Blockchain SolutionsBankchain: Explore, Build and Implement Blockchain Solutions
59. Meftech 2017: Manufacturing Financial ServicesMeftech 2017: Manufacturing Financial Services
60. ATB Financial launches Customer Onboarding Innovation ChallengeATB Financial launches Customer Onboarding Innovation Challenge
61. Matchi heading to BankTech Asia in Sri Lanka, 21-22 March 2017Matchi heading to BankTech Asia in Sri Lanka, 21-22 March 2017
62. Top 4 Focus: KPMG East Africa’s 2nd Annual Insurance ConferenceTop 4 Focus: KPMG East Africa’s 2nd Annual Insurance Conference
63. 10 Firms to Watch: Meftech 2017 Fintech Pavilion10 Firms to Watch: Meftech 2017 Fintech Pavilion
64. Exhibiting at a fintech conference? We can help you thrive.Exhibiting at a fintech conference? We can help you thrive.
65. Matchi to speak at 2nd Annual KPMG Insurance Conference in KenyaMatchi to speak at 2nd Annual KPMG Insurance Conference in Kenya
66. Matchi partners with prestigious fintech event in Abu Dhabi Matchi partners with prestigious fintech event in Abu Dhabi
67. Matchi collaborates with Seamless Africa to deliver fintech edgeMatchi collaborates with Seamless Africa to deliver fintech edge
68. Free Matchi Webinar - Join our Live Lunch with KPMG InsuranceFree Matchi Webinar - Join our Live Lunch with KPMG Insurance
69. Matchi speaks at the 7th Annual Insurance Technology Summit in MumbaiMatchi speaks at the 7th Annual Insurance Technology Summit in Mumbai
70. Three solutions win Proof-of-Concept projects within Mahindra FinanceThree solutions win Proof-of-Concept projects within Mahindra Finance
71. Master Discussion: Fintech Proof of Concept ImplementationMaster Discussion: Fintech Proof of Concept Implementation
72. BankTech Asia Fin5ive winners demo live in Kuala LumpurBankTech Asia Fin5ive winners demo live in Kuala Lumpur
73. BankTech Asia Fin5ive Challenge Winners AnnouncementBankTech Asia Fin5ive Challenge Winners Announcement
74. Mahindra Finance Launches Global Fintech ChallengeMahindra Finance Launches Global Fintech Challenge
75. Canadian Institute Fintech Challenge - Winners AnnouncementCanadian Institute Fintech Challenge - Winners Announcement
76. Opportunity to exhibit and demo at KPMG Nigeria Fintech Summit 2016Opportunity to exhibit and demo at KPMG Nigeria Fintech Summit 2016
77. Canadian Institute launches Global Fintech Challenge with MatchiCanadian Institute launches Global Fintech Challenge with Matchi
78. BankTech Asia Launches Global Fintech Challenge BankTech Asia Launches Global Fintech Challenge
79. Liberty Fintech Challenge 2016: Winners AnnouncementLiberty Fintech Challenge 2016: Winners Announcement
80. 5 Marketing Tips for Fintech Startups5 Marketing Tips for Fintech Startups
81. Matchi Mid-Year Review 2016 - InfographicMatchi Mid-Year Review 2016 - Infographic
82. Fintech in East Africa - Pioneering a different roadFintech in East Africa - Pioneering a different road
83. Proof-of-Concept projects that workProof-of-Concept projects that work
84. Top 5 things keeping Matchi FI Members awake at nightTop 5 things keeping Matchi FI Members awake at night
85. Matchi CEO to speak at Money Expo, 8-9 July 2016Matchi CEO to speak at Money Expo, 8-9 July 2016
86. Logical Glue Wins SME FinTech Challenge 2016Logical Glue Wins SME FinTech Challenge 2016
87. Matchi Co-Presents 'FinTech In India' ReportMatchi Co-Presents 'FinTech In India' Report
88. Liberty Launches Global FinTech Challenge with MatchiLiberty Launches Global FinTech Challenge with Matchi
89. Matchi Joins FinTech Market Leaders at MEFTECH 2016 Matchi Joins FinTech Market Leaders at MEFTECH 2016
90. Matchi partners with Dot Finance Africa, 4-5 May, NairobiMatchi partners with Dot Finance Africa, 4-5 May, Nairobi
91. Matchi to present at InPayCo, TorontoMatchi to present at InPayCo, Toronto
92. iProov wins the FinTech Innovation Challenge by SonyiProov wins the FinTech Innovation Challenge by Sony
93. Matchi Partners with MEFTECH 2016Matchi Partners with MEFTECH 2016
94. Announcement Top 6 Entries: Fintech Innovation Challenge by SonyAnnouncement Top 6 Entries: Fintech Innovation Challenge by Sony
95. Mystery Bank launches SME Fintech Innovation Challenge with MatchiMystery Bank launches SME Fintech Innovation Challenge with Matchi
96. KPMG hosts the 2nd Annual Matchi Innovation Summit in LondonKPMG hosts the 2nd Annual Matchi Innovation Summit in London
97. Matchi and KPMG to present at Retail Banking Innovation ConferenceMatchi and KPMG to present at Retail Banking Innovation Conference
98. Join us at the Future of Digital Banking - Asia PacificJoin us at the Future of Digital Banking - Asia Pacific
99. KPMG FinTech Innovation Challenge WinnersKPMG FinTech Innovation Challenge Winners
100. 索尼的FinTech Innovation Challenge索尼的FinTech Innovation Challenge
101. The FinTech Innovation Challenge by SonyThe FinTech Innovation Challenge by Sony
102. The FinTech Innovation Challenge by SonyThe FinTech Innovation Challenge by Sony
103. KPMG launches FinTech Innovation Challenge with MatchiKPMG launches FinTech Innovation Challenge with Matchi
104. African Fintech Showcase at Standard Bank InnoWeek 2015African Fintech Showcase at Standard Bank InnoWeek 2015
105. Should Banks Use Matchi To Strike Up New Relationships?Should Banks Use Matchi To Strike Up New Relationships?
106. Future of Fintech - The Art of CollaborationFuture of Fintech - The Art of Collaboration
107. Liberty confirms 2 POC Projects with Matchi Innovator MembersLiberty confirms 2 POC Projects with Matchi Innovator Members
108. Matchi Fintech ChallengesMatchi Fintech Challenges
109. African Fintech Innovation Challenge 2015African Fintech Innovation Challenge 2015
110. Liberty InsuranceTech Innovation Challenge 2015Liberty InsuranceTech Innovation Challenge 2015
111. Matchi featured in the Australian Financial ReviewMatchi featured in the Australian Financial Review
112. Matchi - Financial Times features Matchi, 30 August 2015Matchi - Financial Times features Matchi, 30 August 2015
113. KPMG Forms Exclusive Alliance with MatchiKPMG Forms Exclusive Alliance with Matchi
114. Matchi sponsors Global Summit for Insurance InnovationMatchi sponsors Global Summit for Insurance Innovation
115. Matchi Launches New Insurance CategoryMatchi Launches New Insurance Category
116. 3 Innovator Members awarded POC Projects3 Innovator Members awarded POC Projects
117. Barclays Africa Business Banking Challenge - FinalistsBarclays Africa Business Banking Challenge - Finalists
118. Matchi joins Sponsors of Citi Mobile Challenge 2015Matchi joins Sponsors of Citi Mobile Challenge 2015
119. Matchi joins the Forefront of Fintech at Rakuten Financial Conference, JapanMatchi joins the Forefront of Fintech at Rakuten Financial Conference, Japan
120. Barclays Africa Business Banking ChallengeBarclays Africa Business Banking Challenge