ADGM and KPMG launch FinTech Abu Dhabi Innovation Challenge
Mature fintech start-ups invited to demonstrate solutions to real business challenges
Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) and KPMG have come together to launch an Innovation Challenge that invites innovative start-ups to address emerging business challenges identified by financial institutions in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region
The Innovation Challenge, as part of the inaugural FinTech Abu Dhabi event on 22 and 23 October 2017, includes an intensive five week programme. During the programme, 10 shortlisted teams will work on developing their solutions to specific problem statements within six focus areas: Financial and Investment Management, Financial Inclusion, RegTech, Trade Finance, InsurTech and Private Capital Markets.Read More. ADGM and KPMG launch FinTech Abu Dhabi Innovation Challenge
Trust as a Fintech Commodity
Written by Sashreka Pillay
The Patreon business model is my new obsession. (Don’t worry I get out much more than it seems.) Patreon is often described as crowdfunding for creators but this explanation doesn’t grab me. It’s cleverer than that.
The name is a throwback to the concept on which this community site has been built – patronage for artists and creators. It works like this: You have a podcast show. You need funding to keep producing each episode. It’s your passion project, but a passion that doesn’t pay the bills. You register on Patreon and create a tiered contribution structure which sets out how people engage with you and pay for your services. At each level you decide what value you will make accessible to those who contribute.Read More. Trust as a Fintech Commodity
Pitch Your Solution to 40 Chief Risk Officers from Leading Australian Banks
Express your interest in this Showcase Opportunity before 6 August 2017
The Risk Management Association of Australia (RMA) has partnered with KPMG and Matchi to offer three fintech companies the opportunity to pitch their solutions to 40 Chief Risk Officers from Australia’s leading banks. This exclusive showcase opportunity will take place at the prestigious CRO Roundtable event in Sydney, Australia on 12 September 2017.
KPMG is arranging this year’s CRO Round table event for the RMA Australia members with the theme “Generation Next”. To add to the day’s stimulating presentations and discussions, KPMG and RMA are looking for 3 of the world’s best fintech solutions to showcase as an event highlight. Each of the selected companies will receive a contribution of USD 1500 towards their travel expenses.Read More. Pitch Your Solution to 40 Chief Risk Officers from Leading Australian Banks
Crowdfund your Fintech: The Art of Asking
By Sashreka Pillay
The title is a shameless reference to the 2013 Ted Talk by Amanda Palmer. During the expertly woven speech, Amanda Palmer reflects on her time making a living as a human statue while sharing her observations on the exchange of giving and receiving. She then relates how she applied this thinking to crowdfunding her solo album. The result was $1.2 million in funding even though the goal was only $100 000.Read More. Crowdfund your Fintech: The Art of Asking
Winner Announcement: BankTech Asia Fin5ive Challenge 2017
Winners from London, Australia, South Africa, Ireland and Czech Republic set to demo their solutions at BankTech Asia, 5-6 July 2017
Powered by Matchi, BankTech Asia recently launched the Fin5ive Challenge to source five groundbreaking fintech solutions to showcase at the 9th BankTech Asia conference and exhibition in Kuala Lumpur from 5th to 6th July 2017.
Winner Announcement: Customer Onboarding Global Innovation Challenge by ATB Financial
Australian Fintech Firm wins Global Innovation Challenge by ATB Financial in Canada
KPMG and Matchi are delighted to announce that Avoka is the winner of ATB Financial’s Customer Onboarding Global Innovation Challenge.
Avoka will now work with ATB on a proof-of-concept project with a view to roll out and implement the solution.
Meet Matchi CEO - David Milligan at Money 2020 Europe
We invite you to two Blockchain themed sessions on 28 June at Money2020
Matchi CEO, David Milligan will be attending Money 2020 Europe which takes place in Copenhagen from 26 – 28 June 2017.
The largest Fintech and payments conference in Europe, Money 2020 brings together visionaries and luminaries: the people who built the ecosystem, and the people who are disrupting, challenging and changing it. View the conference agenda, speaker line-up, and conference themes.
If you're heading to Copenhagen for this awesome event, be sure to block your diary for two client sessions hosted by KPMG’s Global Digital Ledger Services (Blockchain) team on Wednesday 28 June 2017.Read More. Meet Matchi CEO - David Milligan at Money 2020 Europe
Shortlist Announcement: Customer Onboarding Global Innovation Challenge by ATB Financial
6 fintech solutions will progress to the final round
Earlier this year, Matchi joined forces with ATB Financial and KPMG in Canada to run a Customer Onboarding Innovation Challenge that aims to reimagine customer onboarding and management through collaboration with fintech firms.
Open for four weeks, the challenge was highly publicized via Matchi's global fintech network. News of the challenge spread worldwide with feature articles appearing in leading financial and tech-focused publications including Banking Technology, Finextra, Econo Times, Ventureburn and Crowdfund Insider.
Fintech is turning banking into a fine art
Written by Sashreka Pillay
I have a keen interest in fine art. When Leonardo da Vinci did silverpoint drawings, graphite was not readily available at the time so many artists would draw with silver or gold. As more tools became available, diversity in art ballooned and now a key part of measuring an artists’ success is their ability to choose the right tools out a multitude of possibilities and make it work in the best way which allows them to achieve their goal.
Sounds a lot like what banks are trying to do with fintech right now. Banks need to find the best way to meet their strategic goals using the most appropriate tools available to them. It doesn’t always need to be fintech, but the rise of fintech makes it an alluring means.
Global Fintech Hackcelerator 2017 is open for entry
Powered by KPMG Digital Village and Matchi
Matchi is delighted to join forces with KPMG Digital Village in Singapore to power the Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2017. This year’s Global FinTech Hackcelerator is a key component of the second edition Singapore FinTech Festival which takes place in Singapore from 13-17 November 2017.
The Global FinTech Hackcelerator is looking for the most innovative start-ups from across the globe who can address problem statements contributed by the global financial services industry. Up to 20 participating teams will be selected and matched with industry champions to customise their market-ready solutions into contextualised prototypes ready for adoption.
More Articles ...
1. BankTech Asia Launches Global Fintech Challenge
2. KPMG Fintech is the new home for Matchi
3. Collaborating with a Tech Firm? Consider this.
4. Matchi attends BankTech Asia event in Sri Lanka
5. Bankchain: Explore, Build and Implement Blockchain Solutions
6. Meftech 2017: Manufacturing Financial Services
7. ATB Financial launches Customer Onboarding Innovation Challenge
8. Matchi heading to BankTech Asia in Sri Lanka, 21-22 March 2017
9. Top 4 Focus: KPMG East Africa’s 2nd Annual Insurance Conference
10. 10 Firms to Watch: Meftech 2017 Fintech Pavilion
11. Exhibiting at a fintech conference? We can help you thrive.
12. Matchi to speak at 2nd Annual KPMG Insurance Conference in Kenya
13. Matchi partners with prestigious fintech event in Abu Dhabi
14. Matchi collaborates with Seamless Africa to deliver fintech edge
15. Free Matchi Webinar - Join our Live Lunch with KPMG Insurance
16. Matchi speaks at the 7th Annual Insurance Technology Summit in Mumbai
17. Three solutions win Proof-of-Concept projects within Mahindra Finance
18. Master Discussion: Fintech Proof of Concept Implementation
19. BankTech Asia Fin5ive winners demo live in Kuala Lumpur
20. BankTech Asia Fin5ive Challenge Winners Announcement
21. Mahindra Finance Launches Global Fintech Challenge
22. Canadian Institute Fintech Challenge - Winners Announcement
23. Opportunity to exhibit and demo at KPMG Nigeria Fintech Summit 2016
24. Canadian Institute launches Global Fintech Challenge with Matchi
25. BankTech Asia Launches Global Fintech Challenge
26. Liberty Fintech Challenge 2016: Winners Announcement
27. 5 Marketing Tips for Fintech Startups
28. Matchi Mid-Year Review 2016 - Infographic
29. Fintech in East Africa - Pioneering a different road
30. Proof-of-Concept projects that work
31. Top 5 things keeping Matchi FI Members awake at night
32. Matchi CEO to speak at Money Expo, 8-9 July 2016
33. Logical Glue Wins SME FinTech Challenge 2016
34. Matchi Co-Presents 'FinTech In India' Report
35. Liberty Launches Global FinTech Challenge with Matchi
36. Matchi Joins FinTech Market Leaders at MEFTECH 2016
37. Matchi partners with Dot Finance Africa, 4-5 May, Nairobi
38. Matchi to present at InPayCo, Toronto
39. iProov wins the FinTech Innovation Challenge by Sony
40. Matchi Partners with MEFTECH 2016
41. Announcement Top 6 Entries: Fintech Innovation Challenge by Sony
42. Mystery Bank launches SME Fintech Innovation Challenge with Matchi
43. KPMG hosts the 2nd Annual Matchi Innovation Summit in London
44. Matchi and KPMG to present at Retail Banking Innovation Conference
45. Join us at the Future of Digital Banking - Asia Pacific
46. KPMG FinTech Innovation Challenge Winners
47. 索尼的FinTech Innovation Challenge
48. The FinTech Innovation Challenge by Sony
49. The FinTech Innovation Challenge by Sony
50. KPMG launches FinTech Innovation Challenge with Matchi
51. African Fintech Showcase at Standard Bank InnoWeek 2015
52. Should Banks Use Matchi To Strike Up New Relationships?
53. Future of Fintech - The Art of Collaboration
54. Liberty confirms 2 POC Projects with Matchi Innovator Members
55. Matchi Fintech Challenges
56. African Fintech Innovation Challenge 2015
57. Liberty InsuranceTech Innovation Challenge 2015
58. Matchi featured in the Australian Financial Review
59. Matchi - Financial Times features Matchi, 30 August 2015
60. KPMG Forms Exclusive Alliance with Matchi
61. Matchi sponsors Global Summit for Insurance Innovation
62. Matchi Launches New Insurance Category
63. 3 Innovator Members awarded POC Projects
64. Barclays Africa Business Banking Challenge - Finalists
65. Matchi joins Sponsors of Citi Mobile Challenge 2015
66. Matchi joins the Forefront of Fintech at Rakuten Financial Conference, Japan
67. Barclays Africa Business Banking Challenge
68. Top 5 Tips to make your Matchi Innovation stand out
69. Matchi Innovation Sponsor Summit 2014
70. Standard Bank FinTech Innovation Showcase with Matchi.biz
71. Fintech Startup Winners will Emerge in 2015
72. A Chat With Paul Steenkamp Of Standard Bank
73. Your bank doesn’t suck – The 2014 Matchi Global Fintech Innovation Challenge
74. FinovateFall 2014 Conference Video
75. Matchi Global Fintech Innovation Challenge Winners
76. Matchi Global Fintech Innovation Challenge 2014 - TOP 20
77. You’re invited to register for the Citi Mobile Challenge 2014!
78. Matchi presents at New Finance, San Francisco
79. George Osborne launches Innovate Finance trade body at Canary Wharf
80. New Matchi Sponsor - Bank Hapoalim
81. London FinTech Podcast - Interview with our Warren Bond
82. Santander launches $100m fintech venture fund
83. Standard Bank joins Exclusive Matchi Sponsor Community
84. Join a new project on the disruptive shifts in financial services
85. Fin-tech matchmaking leading to new love
86. Gmaven had a successful innovation match-make
87. London becomes Europe's Fintech Capital
88. Stordoc – Banking on a New Innovation Matchmaking Platform
89. Matchi at Finovate Europe 2014
90. Matchi announces exclusive sponsorship deal with CaixaBank at FinovateEurope 2014
91. Matchi launches Innovation Matchmaking Platform